Resources for Club Advisors
Whether you’re a current advisor, new advisor to an existing club, or wanting to start a brand new program at your YMCA there are plenty of resources available both nationally through YMCA of the USA (YUSA) and locally here in the Northeast.
Program & Staffing Resources
YExchange is a YUSA resource for YMCA staff / volunteers and requires an account with exchange access. Contact your YMCA’s Exchange Admin (usually your HR Department) for more info and to request access.
- Leaders Club Google Drive – A compendium of resources including a how-to manual, forms, templates, training resources and loads of activities. Advisors are welcome to download and edit materials to suit your Y’s needs.
- YExchange: Leaders Club – This YExchange page has great information about Leaders Club.
- YExchange: Youth Development Companion – A guide for hiring, onboarding and developing YMCA Youth Development staff.
- YExchange: Character Development – Another YExchange page with helpful information on Character Development.
- Regional Email List – Contact list of club advisors used to send out resources, information on upcoming events, etc. Please Contact us to be added. For YMCA’s Leaders Club Advisors only please.
- Youth Development Professionals Facebook Group – Engage with other Youth Development professionals in the YMCA movement for Leaders Club, Youth & Government and other youth related programs.
- Other Advisors & Club Shadowing – New advisors can learn a lot by engaging with experienced advisors and/or shadowing a nearby club. Contact us to be connected to a nearby club or check out our Find A Club page for YMCA’s we’ve known to have clubs in the Northeast.
Impact Data & Metrics
- Over the years we have collected information regarding the impact of the Leaders Club program. This can be helpful when making a case for support, Annual Campaign, and measuring impact for your own internal use. Contact us if you’re in need of these resources.